Tuesday, October 13, 2009

U2 = 360 tour = Dallas = My Review



Last night was the U2 concert here in DallasI woke up with my throat hurting yesterday morning but knew that it wasn’t going to stop me!  I went to the doctor.  Upper respiratory infectionyuck!  I got a shot in my booty and a Z-pack so I was ready to go! 
Our seats were not the bestwe were pretty high up and so far to the side of the band that we were pretty much behind them.  BUT this is the U2 360º tour so every seat is suppose to be a good one.  Well, this was my 8th time to see them (yes, I am a fanatic) and I will say that this was my least favorite.  It was goodactually, it was GREATbut for some reason, I just wasn’t feeling “it”whatever “it” is that happens at their shows.  All that being said, I had a great time and I will share with you what I enjoyed most about the show (in no particular order):
1 Muse (the opening band) was pretty good.  I had never heard their music before but the more I listened to them, the more I liked them.  They are kinda funky and it seems like most of their songs have the same sort of sound but I think I could get into them.
2 The new Cowboys Stadium is H-U-G-E!  If you haven’t seen it, check this out: http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/.  It was actually pretty easy to find where you were going and the thing that I enjoyed most is that there were people everywhere selling beerno lines! 
3 U2’s stage was absolutely amazing!!!  http://www.stylishkidsinriot.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/u2360stage.jpg This will give you an idea of what it is like but it is also HUGE!  The 360º screen was so coolat times it would expand down and look almost like mesh but you could still see the picture on it.  It was really cool!
4 Finally, U2 played some great songs!  Here is the setlist:
Breathe
Get on Your Boots
Magnificent
Mysterious Ways
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Stuck In A Moment
No Line on the Horizon
Elevation
Until The End of the World
Unforgettable Fire
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
I'll Go Crazy - Remix
Sunday Bloody Sunday
MLK
Walk On

First encore:
One
Where The Streets Have No Name 

Second encore:
Ultraviolet
With or Without You
Moment of Surrender

My favorites? 
Until the End of the World Unforgettable Fire
MLK Walk On
City of Blinding Lights Ultraviolet
But to me, the one song that makes a U2 concert the best show on earth is
Where the Streets Have No Name!
What a great nightI’m headed to Houston tomorrow to see them again!  I’ll let you know what I think!

By the way, I didn't have my camera so no pics.  :(  Also, I would love to hear what you thought if you were there...please share!





2 comments:

  1. I went to the 2nd show of the tour, in Chicago, and being a first-timer at a U2 show, I was in heaven. That stage was mind boggling!Where the Streets Have No Name was spine tingling. City of Blinding Lights was my other favorite of the night. The entire night was fabulous. Sorry it didn't 'click' the way they usually do for you, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ALWAYS think of you whenever I hear or play U2. Ever since we all went in Alison's car to the CVS plaza at Steubenville. Oh my goodness, you were smiling so big listening to U2. and understandably so. ;)

    ReplyDelete